ScreenSleeves screensaver for Mac
Album cover artwork screensaver for Mac OSX
I love album artwork. Back in the day album covers were 12" square and some really were works of art.
The CD cover was smaller, and for downloads the cover is no longer physical. But bands still put much effort into good album artwork and how better to display it while you're not working than with a screensaver?
- Supports iTunes, Spotify and now Snowtape, detects which is playing and displays cover art and details for the currently-playing track
- Supports Apple remote for skip back/forward, volume up/down and play/pause
- The remote controls Spotify or iTunes - whichever is playing.
- Three themes - Classic, Text and Mosaic
- Control the track and volume without leaving the screensaver
- Can display rating / popularity and allows rating to be changed
- Adjustable 3D effect and progress bar
- As a screensaver it just kicks in if you leave your computer, or mouse to your hot corner
- Show a clock as well if you like
- Easy on the eye, just the cover for the currently playing track with a few details and very soft fading actions
- Defaults to your choice of alternative screensaver if no music player is running
- Perfect for parties or just chilling
Mac OSX 10.5 (Leopard) or higher, Intel 32 or 64. 10.9 (Mavericks) supported.
Version 3.4.5 - released April 2014
- Fixes problem under certain settings where progress bar time doesn't clear itself properly and numbers turn into blobs
Version 3.4.4 - released March 2014
- Adds support for iOS apps which control iTunes remotely (previously wasn't responding to play / pause from such apps)
- Improves 'show random artwork' when player(s) paused - fixes problems of images becoming repetitious and images sourced from the web not being used
- Fixes bug causing screensaver to fail when using Snowtape if some information isn't provided by the radio station playing
Version 3.4.3 - released March 2014
- Much improved album cover web search
- Fetches the album title from the web if not available from iTunes or if listening to a radio stream (iTunes radio or Snowtape, which don't usually provide the album title)
Version 3.4.2 - released March 2014
- Adds support for iTunes internet radio streams (album art can be found from the web if the 'find from web' option is turned on)
- Adds checkbox for ignoring the Apple Remote (taking control of the remote causes problems for users of certain other apps which take control of the Remote)
- Makes 'please support' message smaller and less bright
- User can press a key to find out how to remove the 'please support' message. After that, the same key ('S' for support) will take the user to the support page