Lets you get on with what you're good at.
- Keep track of your customers , orders, stock, 'to do' list
- Basic invoice and accounting
- Ideal for mail-order, retail and time-and-materials businesses
- New User Forum for support, bug reporting, sharing, comments
- Native mac app, simple and uncomplicated, self-contained and standalone
- Has a database style input or an EPOS / Checkout style interface
- Useful reports included, eg Invoices sent but not paid, Stocktake, Top sellers, New vs Returning customers
- Free app included to help you create custom reports
- Retina Screen compatible
- Try before you buy - 30 days free and unrestricted
- New - Easy import of csv files from Squarespace or Paypal
- New - print address labels - in testing
If you have a mac and a small business then this small but powerful database application will keep track of your orders, stock, customer details, 'to do' list and has some basic invoice and accounting functionality. My ethos is to keep things as uncomplicated and quick to use as possible, leaving you free to run your business with all information at your fingertips.
Organise is small, self-contained and standalone. It doesn't require you to buy, licence or install any other database application.
New: Organise Pro comes with new free app Report Builder. Since v6.1 has the ability to show you graphs, with two built-in reports as examples - Weekly sales and Monthly sales.
34.95 Pounds | End user licence agreement
The web download Organise allows a 30-day free trial. Please try it out.
From version 7.2, Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger) no longer supported. Minimum now 10.5 (Leopard) or higher, Intel or ppc. 10.10 (Yosemite) tested and supported. The app contains my electronic signature so that OSX's Gatekeeper will happily run it (with settings set to the default 'Mac App Store and identified developers' or lower).
10.4 users should use Organise version 7.1 Pro
This is an infographic showing how everything links together. (click to enlarge)
Download custom reports
reports are 'plugged in' to Organise Pro's report manager. You can create them yourself using this reference guide or the new Organise Report Builder or I can create them for you. Some potentially useful ones are shared below.
You may not be able to click the link to download it, you may need to right-click (control-click) and choose 'save linked file as' or similar.
Save the file in ~Library/Application Support/Organise/Reports and re-start Organise.
(Note that as from 10.7 (Lion) OSX hides your Library folder from you, there are some tricks to get into it, the easiest may be Finder>Go>Go and press your alt key to reveal 'Library')
|New vs Returning Customers||Shiela Dixon||New vs Returning Customers.xml|
|Total shipping collected||Shiela Dixon||Total Shipping Collected.xml|
|Total shipping paid||Shiela Dixon||Total Shipping Paid.xml|
Are you interested in sharing a custom report? Contact me
- Organise User Forum - ask questions or report problems
- Getting started with Organise
- The long and boring Manual (v8)
- Organise's home page
- Mac OSX 10.4 users should use Organise v7.1.1 Pro
version 8.0.6 March 2015
- adds collation to the bundled report 'Items Purchased by Date'. Instructions for users who have run 8.0.3 - 8.0.5 to update this report are on the user forum
- Fixes problem with Tax Codes + and - buttons
version 8.0.5 March 2015
- some improvements to the item quantity adjustments - specifically warnings
- Fixes bug making all Items 'automatically manage qty' since v8
- Fixes problem with the application's Hide action closing the frontmost window and not hiding the application
version 8.0.4 (now stable release) March 2015
- Update manager improved
- April expiry and release candidate readme removed, regular licensing panel added
- replaces 7.4.6 as the stable release
version 8.0.3 (still release candidate) March 2015
- Some fixes and enhancements relating to reports:
- Adds two reports - Output Tax and Items Purchased by Date
- Allows easier installation of reports (xml format) by dragging and dropping onto application icon or right-click & 'open with'
- Fixes problem with reports that use both collation and date selection (previously those two features did not play nicely - workaround for previous versions, create report with date selection within the report)
- Tidies formatting of quantity column after collation
version 8.0.2 (still release candidate) March 2015
- Some general improvements to Item automatic qty adjustments
- New Items default to auto-quantity-adjusting
- Items no longer need to be added to an Order in whole numbers, item quantities will be adjusted accordingly, ie you can sell half a tin of something or 65cm of something usually sold in metres
- Certain disc operations are performed in the background, increasing responsiveness with very large databases, eg after OK'ing an Order
- Adds 'Start here' graphic to Order tab which shows until first Order is created
- Fixes bug preventing changing the quantity of a constituent item in a collective item
- Fixes some weirdness with the columns in the checkout view
- Adds 'where used' check and will not allow an item used in a collective item to be deleted
- Minor adjustments to interface
version 8.0.1 (still release candidate) March 2015
- adds status menu when time is being logged - tells you how many items are being logged and has an option for stop
- Some minor fixes to new v8 features:
- fixes crash when pressing 'stop logging time'
- new data is written properly to the database when starting or stopping time logging - previously some information could be lost if Organise quit abnormally after performing those actions
- 'stop logging' now has no effect if no items are being logged
version 8 released as release candidate March 2015
- Adds mailshot functionality:
- Adds address label printing functionality - 'Address labels' button added to Contacts tab and Reports tab. If a report is run which contains orders or contacts, the relevant contacts will be included on the sheet of labels.
- Includes new report "email list - customers by order date". This lists contacts who have ordered between certain dates (choose the date range at the top of the Reports tab) and when exported as csv is suitable for email merging using the app Announce.
- An Item can now contain other Items. The 'collective item' (eg a kit or an outer) calculates its own quantity
- Adds time logging. 'Record' and 'Stop' buttons added to toolbar. (existing users will have to 'Customise toolbar' and add the buttons.) Press record to start logging time, optionally against an existing / new order. Press stop to stop logging time. The time is added to the order with charges etc calculated
- Adds 'import all from address book' option
- Adds 'Time' menu with 'Start logging' and 'Stop logging'
- Organise dmg contains the following bundled apps:
- Organise Report Builder
- Bulk email app 'Announce'
- Adds dialog to check date format and currency when user first creates order or contact
- Adds page margin field to template properties
- Adds new field 'firstname' for billing and delivery addresses (extracted from the name field which is a single field in Organise) for reports and for invoices etc
- Printed Invoice appears the same whether you use cmd-P or the toolbar button. Previously these gave different results re margins and centring
- Removes the 'Pro options' preferences - previously unwanted parts of Organise could be turned off for a cleaner experience. Now all shows
- Improves some of the sorting routines, so users with very large databases will notice better experience when sorting by certain columns or saving items
- Filter button for Orders remembers its setting after Organise is closed and opened
- Fixes problem where user has changed or translated the standard order statuses, causing the filter 'show incomplete' to break. A field is provided in Preferences > Lists allowing the user to provide a status which means 'Complete'
- Fixes bug causing Item 'comments' field to not retain information after editing
- The bundled Report Builder tool (v2.2) includes the following updates:
- adds fields for second (delivery) contact
- adds new field 'firstname' for billing and delivery contacts
- fixes bug which prevented report from running if the 'select from' popup button had been left at default (orders) and not touched
version 7.4.6 Pro released Feb 2015
- Fixes problem with Description field on Item form.
version 7.4.5 Pro released Oct 2014
- Fixes bug where new item quantity may not be saved properly if Order is opened, qty of an item ordered is altered, order is closed and app is quit.
version 7.4.4 Pro released May 2014
- Fixes minor problem with collation in report manager
version 7.4.3 Pro released February 2014
- Fixes bug causing small inaccuracies with total due and balance remaining on an order if the user's country uses a comma as a decimal separator.
version 7.4.2 Pro released January 2014
fixes and improvements:
- tax code column in items purchased table within an order / on invoice is now correctly hidden if sales tax is switched off in Preferences
- Headings of items purchased table within an order / on invoice are updated immediately when Preferences window is OK'd rather than requiring restart.
version 7.4.1 Pro released January 2014
- Fixes bug which could cause the application to hang on startup if an order has been repeated on schedule
version 7.4 Pro released December 2013
fixes and improvements:
- When switching or creating database, the change is immediate, no longer necessary to quit & restart
- Adds customisation / localisation of 'items purchased' table header fields. Custom names carry over to the invoice and other templates, allowing complete localisation of generated paperwork.
- Removes gap in address on invoice and other templates if there are blank fields in the customer's address
- Adds invoice date to standard invoice template (existing users will have to add manually by editing template)
- Fixes preferred terms for Order, Item not appearing on toolbar buttons or editing windows
version 7.3 Pro released November 2013
fixes and improvements:
- Adds choice of item prices being inclusive or exclusive of sales tax. For existing users using sales tax, Organise will continue to work the same way as before with the option of switching. For new users, it will default to exclusive and tax will be calculated accordingly on the Order
- Correction to Shipping where sales tax is being used. Tax will be calculated on the shipping at the rate set in Preferences (default is standard rate)
- Some improvements and fixes to Goals and Objectives. (Goals and Objectives have been available in the previous version but undocumented.)
- Adds ability for user to customise or add import mappings based on Paypal or Squarespace imports
Adds automatic update check:
- New dialog gives information about new versions when available
- Single click to download
version 7.2.2 Pro released September 2013
Adds import from Squarespace and Paypal - creates Orders with Contacts, Payments, Items, Items purchased. File > Import > Special >
Adds field (not editable) for transaction ID from squarespace or paypal import. Allowing the reference number to be retained and also to prevent the same order being imported if another import is attempted with the same data or new data that includes the same transaction.
version 7.2.1 Pro released September 2013
Fixes problem caused by trying to generate monthly sales graph with less than a month's data
version 7.2 Pro September 2013
Minimum system requirements OSX 10.5. 10.4 users should not upgrade to v7.2, for compatibility with newer systems it uses features not available in 10.4
Fixes bug causing remaining balance in an Order or in Checkout to be calculated incorrectly if any payment is over 1,000
Main window's Toolbar redesigned in line with Apple's human interface guidelines and for retina screen compatibility
Adds toolbar controls (show / hide / customise) to main View menu
Retina screen compatible
OSX Mavericks tested and supported
version 7.1.1 Pro August 2013
Fixes problem on startup for some new users
version 7.1 Pro August 2013
Improvements for multi-database users:
- allows a display name for the database as well as filename
- allows renaming of databases (changes the display name)
- shows the display name in the database list rather than filename
- displays the database name in the main window title (unless using the default database and no-one's changed its display name)
- allows for a different currency and some other codes for each database (preferences such as currency, currency code, code prefixes are stored in the database rather than user prefs)
Items can be categorised:
- adds 'category' field to Item, allowing more than one category
- allows adding or removing multiple items to a category via a context menu in the Items view
- adds all known categories to the Item filter button
- adds pseudo-field item:category for reports to use, so reports such as Top sellers can select by category
Report manager improvements:
- report manager now understands 'contains' when selecting (eg "category contains 'magazine'" ) (symbol is '()' if not using Report Builder app)
- the separate Report Builder application enhanced to include the new fields and this new option (v2.1)
Fixes Contact names sorting by first name rather than surname
version 7.0.3 Pro (no longer Release Candidate) June 2013
- Some small fixes since version 7.
version 7 Pro (as Release Candidate) May 2013
- Removes Deposit / Balance and replaces with multiple payments. Allows for multiple payments, and part-payments made by different methods.
- Existing deposit (if present) and balance fields are converted when version 6.4 is first run. The old fields are kept in the database. If user returns to older version, these fields will still be present, but any orders created using the new version won't have those fields.
- Adds field 'balanceremaining' which is a calculation of what's owed taking into account the new-style payments.
- Adds field 'totaldue' which is a total of everything with tax and shipping before any payments have been made. Is not reduced by any payments that have been made. For that use balanceremaining
- Exsting stationery (invoices etc) will still work as far as possible. The new version won't replace or update them in case you've customised them, but will try to update them. If this isn't successful, or you wish to add the new fields to your templates, see Organise's support pages.
- On existing stationery, the old balance field will be populated with the new 'balanceremaining' field. The deposit field will no longer be populated for new Orders because it doesn't exist on the record. Suggest replacing the fields on your templates with the new tempalte field
- Adds 'Import Report' to File menu ready for App store (sandboxed) version which doesn't allow communication between Organise and the Report Builder app.
Full version history for Organise (The full history is also in the release notes included in the app's dmg file)