Easily find your website's broken links.
- Scans your site checking for broken links - very fast, accurate and with Productivity features
- Check images as well as all internal and external links
- Support for 'soft 404s'
- See problems at-a-glance highlighted in colour. Double-click for more detailed information
- In short, improve your website's quality and search engine ranking
- OSX native, retina screen compatible and OSX Mavericks tested and supported
If you've maintained a website for any length of time, you'll know that links very quickly become broken, because we move, delete or change our own pages, and other people that we link to do the same.
A broken link on your site is a dead end for your visitors and will also be bad news for your search engine optimisation (SEO).
Integrity is a link checker, no more, no less, no frills - and free (donationware). If you'd like:
- Advanced options such as nofollow, authentication, custom header fields
- XML sitemap generation and upload
- Page load speed test, SEO checks, HTML Validation
- Manage multiple sites and settings
- Full report exportable as html or pdf
All of this is available in Scrutiny
Download Integrity 5 (free)
Requires Mac OSX 10.6 or higher, Intel 64-bit.
Users of OSX 10.5 should download the last version built for 10.5; version 4.5.3. Free.
Users of OSX 10.4 should download the last version built for 10.4; version 4.2.2. Free.
Integrity is donationware, which means that it's available to personal users free of charge with no restrictions. I'm very grateful for donations and if you choose to donate, it will encourage further development of this and other OSX software.
Open the .dmg file and find an installer inside. To keep it in your dock, right-click or click-and-hold on its dock icon and choose 'Keep in dock'.
If you're of the Windows persuasion, use Xenu's Link Sleuth. The developer has made it clear that he's not interested in producing a specific Mac version. I don't do Windows so there won't be an Integrity for Windows. I've no connection with Tilman Hausherr (though he seems like a great guy), and this is no more than a personal recommendation to use the Link Sleuth if you're a pc user.
Bugs and enhancements
If you have a problem or suggestion, first see whether the answer is on the FAQs page. You can also see my bug and enhancement list on Scrutiny and Integrity's bug and enhancement list. If your question isn't answered, please see Scrutiny's support page for contact details.
v5.0.6 Released August 2014
- Although not recommended in urls, support added for entities in the html (eg ') all known named and numbered entities handled, ascii and utf (some named entities such as ' were being handled previously)
- Fixes bug that could cause external pages with querystrings to be duplicated in the links list when 'ignore querystrings' is checked
v5.0.5 Released August 2014
- Supports feed:// urls
- Adds transparency / opacity to colour picker for highlighting (Preferences>Views), allowing users not to see highlighting for redirects but for 4xx and 5xx errors, for example.
v5.0.4 Released August 2014
- Fixes problem with showing 'bad links only' in flat view
v5.0.3 Released June 2014
- When crawling html files locally, now adds filename if necessary. Default is 'index.html' but this can be changed in Preferences > Global
- Fixes bug that could cause Integrity to go into a loop when crawling a site locally & continue until reaching the preset maximum number of links
- Improvement to print button / menu item - detects and prints the frontmost table
v5.0.2 Released June 2014
- Fixes 'missing link text' bug in 5.0/5.0.1
- truncates urls in html export, avoiding silly column widths
- Uses shorter format for date stamp, easier to read, reduces column widths and file sizes of exports
v5.0 Released May 2014
- New features:
- Now supports urls which include non-ascii characters (although not in the domain, IDN's still unsupported). Some may argue that this is against web standards, but it's becoming more common and accepted by Google and browsers
- Auto-detects character encoding of pages, character encodings now supported include CP1251 (Cyrillic script eg Russian, Bulgarian, Serbian Cyrillic)
- Adds progress bar to dock icon
- Opens and scans a list of links in html, plain text format or xml sitemap (automatically detected)
- Blacklisting / whitelisting is no longer applied to starting url. Previously, starting url had to pass black/whitelist test otherwise crawl wouldn't get past the first page
- Better handles urls with port numbers (problems experienced with some servers re urls with a port number when returning a redirect)
- Fixes and improvements:
- Fixes a problem which prevented crawling of sites generated by Wix and other sites which use urls containing #! (relating to dynamic content).
- Note that for Wix sites, your home page doesn't contain any SEO information or html links. Search enignes (and Integrity) must start crawling at http://www.mywebsite.com/?_escaped_fragment_=
- Better handles entities involving a hash (eg ') within a url. Previously was truncating the url at the hash assuming it to be a fragment/anchor
- Fixes bug causing spurious text to be reported as the link text if an image has alt = ""
- Adds character encoding tag to head of HTML exports
- Correctly removes all temporary files when application quits. v4 and before had removed temporary files only when starting a new scan. previous points of v5 had not removed all files.
- Improves csv and html export, these now reflect the sorting / filtering of the table being exported
- Correctly handles links using ./ (same directory)
Full version history for Integrity (The full history is also in the release notes included in the app's dmg file)